June 12, 2019
As we head into summer, everybody is looking forward to the upcoming concerts at Merriweather Post Pavilion. Here is a list of the Top 10 concerts that you should definitely go see this year if you wanna have a great time with friends while school is out of session.
- Brandi Carlile: Brandi is an up and coming Country star, who released her sixth studio album “By the Way, I Forgive You” on February 16, 2018. This album went on to become her highest charting album of Carlile’s career, which reached No. 5 on the Billboard 200 list. Her fanbase loves her and she is talent that is worthy to be seen in concert this summer on June 14.
- Thomas Rhett: Rhett has grown tremendously throughout his singing career. He is now one of the most popular country singers out there today. His music connects with his fans and he feels a great pride in being able to relate music back to his fans.
- Chris Stapleton: Stapleton has been in the music business for a long time. He has three studio albums and has recently collaborated with Justin Timberlake and Pink on their own songs. His music is definitely catchy and you are able to experience his talented singing on August 11.
- Train/Goo Goo Dolls: This collaboration between these two alternative rock bands will be a sight to see and will be here on August 9. They are both well known bands with many popular songs that they have both created.
- Pitbull: Pitbull is an international pop/rap artist. He has made many dance club moving songs. He has collaborated with many well known artists such as Jennifer Lopez, Usher, and Enrique Iglesias. If you are planning on going July 11, you will be jumping up and down non-stop.
- Lauren Daigle: Daigle is an American, contemporary, Christian artist, who has become more popular over the past year with her most recent song called “You Say.” She will melt your heart when you hear her voice on August 23.
- Pentatonix: This mega, five-member group has become a massive coveted concert ticket by many people. They are an acapella group with cover songs from several artists and genres. They will be in town on August 26, but tickets are selling fast so purchase them now rather than later.
- WILLIE NELSON & Family and ALISON KRAUSS: Willie Nelson is an American singer, songwriter, musician, actor, and producer. He is joined by Alison Krauss who grew up listening to everything from folk to opera to pop and rock music. They come to Merriweather on June 19. This will be a unique opportunity for people if you are not familiar with them.
- PHISH: The band PHISH has a blend of jazz, funk, bluegrass, and pop music. They originated in Burlington, Vermont as they were formed in 1985 by guitarist Jeff Holdsworth. They will bring an electric vibe to Merriweather this summer with many types of styles in their music.
- THE MIGHTY O.A.R. w/ Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness & American Authors: This end of summer concert on September 7 features two popular rock bands. This is the first time they will be performing together and bring a variety of music from their careers. American Authors is most known for their popular song “Best Day of My Life,” while O.A.R. is known for their song “That Was a Crazy Game of Poker.”
Hopefully this ranking has helped you be able to decide which concerts you want to go to! Have a fun, warm and exciting time at Merriweather this year!
Photo courtesy of Turf Valley